A rainy sleepy weekend is coming to a close, the Christmas lights are on in the city and Christmas is approaching in leaps and bounds. Oddly enough I haven’t heard ‘Last Christmas’ a single time so far. This weekend though there was no need for Christmas playlist yet, as one of my favourite podcasts had a slew of new episodes that I hadn’t heard. That said, let’s get to our usual business of opening this week’s Crate.
- “Nobody believes me but it is true. […] What I paint are volumes.… I am interested in volume, the sensuality of form.” Fernando Botero ‘the most Colombian of Colombian artists’ is still a somewhat controversial figure in the art world.
2. How to keep buildings cool in a hot summer? Soon by painting them with this special white paint.
4. Three stages of a career.
5. Praise is good for self-esteem, right? It depends.
6. And to finish of for this week, a little comic about dressing for success. (by Extrafabulouscomics)
And that’s it for this time. Happy reading and until next week!
If you want to receive the Crate to your mailbox, you can subscribe here at Substack.