Two days late this week, due to my having other things to do, today under the full moon it will be done. The new Crate of Curios. Carried by the hot noon sun and days that are progressively getting milder, let’s get to opening it without any further ado.
- “Those damn Moomins,” Tove Jansson wrote in her notes. “I don’t want to hear about them any more. I could vomit on the Moomintrolls.” – Tove Jansson was frustrated, feeling that the Moomin – literally her scribbles – were obscuring and taking necessary time from her painting.
2. Madeleine Dore, the author of Extraordinary Routines newsletter and podcast, has gathered a charming list of life lessons for her 32nd birthday.
3. How does disagreement actually work? Here’s a chart for it.
4. We already knew that crows are smart. Turns out… they are even smarter than that.
5. This week’s book (and series) recommendation is Elena Ferrante’s ‘My Brilliant Friend’, the first book of the Neapolitan Quartet.
6. And to finish off for this week, a completely absurd little comic by Joan Cornella.
And that’s it for this time. Happy reading and until next week!
If you want to receive the Crate to your mailbox, you can subscribe here at Substack.