Time for another dispatch of the weird and wonderful things I’ve come across on the internet this week. So let’s dive right in.
- Frida Kahlo’s love letter to Diego Rivera from her hospital bed while waiting to have her leg amputated. The presence of mind she has while facing the most hideous health issues is simply extraordinary.
- The family of puma Messi from Russia, now also has a new cheetah called Gerda. It is unbelievable how tame and friendly such a big cat can be and absolutely fascinating how they are slowly introducing her and Messi who they’ve raised since cub.
3. Anyone interested in old recipes might have despaired over the cooking temperature descriptions at one point or another – stress no more, as here is a handy little chart that converts it into temperature ranges that work with modern ovens.
4. A poetic drawing by Olivia de Recat showing our life trajectories together with others that cross our ways.
5. Art is not always in the service of good as these designs of prison cells by Alphonse Laurencic, a French architect, veritably show. He used techniques and insights from modern art and color theory in order to design some seriously harrowing spaces in Barcelona during Spanish Civil War that would now undoubtedly qualify as ‘techniques for enhanced interrogation’.